Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Post 2 Week 1

When I begin to teach, ALEX will be one of the many things I remember to use. With all of this site's options and capabilities, beginning teachers will succeed quickly and excel far beyond most because of the endless opportunities for information and help offered. I would begin my making myself an ALEX account and working on lesson plans for my classroom. I am sure that my students will find the practice problems and review questions very useful from this site as well. The web links would also provide me with additional information for my class, such as teaching tips and strategies.

I plan to continue in my own education and receive my master's degree in education. One day I might want to pursue some sort of administrative position in the school system, so ALEX's information regarding professional learning and distance learning. The distance learning interests me and if I was ever in a position of authority, I might use this link to promote online courses for my students. The possibilities are endless when it comes to this simple website. Teachers and students alike are likely to benefit from the information given and hopefully, I will become very familiar with it in the near future when getting ready for my own classroom.